Become a supporter of SOS today!
At South Oakland Shelter, we don’t just help homeless people—we end homelessness for people every day through our emergency shelter, housing and supportive service programs. If you want to make a lasting difference in the lives of individuals and families in need, we believe South Oakland Shelter is the best place to do just that.
How your gift can help…
- $15 supports one night of food and shelter for a neighbor in need
- $60 provides one month of transportation services
- $100 provides a family with warmth and electricity for one month in their own home
- $180 provides one month of case management to ensure those who secure housing, maintain it
- $1,000 ($83/mo) covers the cost of a deposit to move someone out of homelessness and into housing
You may be able to double or even triple your donation through an employer match. Click here to search if your employer will match your donation to SOS.